Dr. Karanjekar has headed several prestigious institutes as Director and CEO. These include:
- MGM Hospitals, Mumbai
- TATA Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai
- Krishna Heart Institute Ahmedabad
- Fortis Heart Institute, Mohali
- Wockhardt Hospitals Mumbai
- Global Hospitals Mumbai and Bangalore
- Seven Hills Hospital, Mumbai
- Jupiter Hospitals Mumbai and Pune.
He has also held the position of Chairman of the prestigious NABH - National Accreditation Board for Hospitals (NABH). He has accredited almost 200 hospitals till date.
He has been Chairman of Health committee National Board on Quality Promotions (NBQP) and conducted multiple camps including Kashmir.
He is a Member American College of Healthcare Executive.
He is a Founder of the Federation of Hospital Administration of India and at present President of Maharashtra Branch of AHPI – Association of Healthcare Providers of India.
He is also the Vice Chairman for ZTCC – Zonal Transplant Co-ordination Centre, Mumbai and has been instrumental in developing Organ Transplantation programmes not only in the hospitals he was attached but across the state and India.
Dr. Karanjekar has been a bridge between government agencies of State and National level and Healthcare Sector.
He has been a member on various such platforms like:
Dr. Karanjekar is also a prominent figure in academic circles. He is actively involved as :
- Indian Association of Occupational Health
- Health Department, Maharashtra Government on Wage structure & Job Analysis
- Maharashtra Government Health Department committee on Drug policy
- Drug purchase review committee, BMC & Government of Maharashtra.
- Committee for Guidelines on Waste Management at Delhi by WHO
- Governor’s nominee on Red Cross of India
- Member of Ahmedabad Management Association, Planning Committee for studies.
- Member of Federation Hospital Administrators of India.
- Hospital Administration Alumni Chapter, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar, Mumbai affiliated to ACHE, Chicago.