Urology Department, at kiran hospital provide comprehensive services for management of various genitourinary problems in adults and children by highly qualified and experienced team of dedicated urologists are available 24 hours a day.
The latest state-of-the-art technology and equipment are available. The faculty subspecialises in the fields of oncourology, Pediatric Urology, Laparoscopic Urology, Andrology, Female Urology, and Reconstructive Urology.
- All patients undergo comprehensive evaluation and every effort is made to complete the evaluation process to have a diagnosis and to plan the treatment at kiran hospital.
- The outpatient department has facilities to take care of urology procedures. It is supported by trained staff , full-fledged procedure rooms, dedicated X-ray machines, ultrasound equipment, CT scan ( 256 slice), MRI machine, image guided radiofrequency ablation equipment and double headed gamma camera etc
- Uroflow meters and urodynamic machines are used for assessing the urine flow and evaluating neurogenic bladder.
- Modern uroradiology department with mobile x ray machine, USG machine.
- Karl Storz flexible cystoscopes.
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy unit.
- Kiran hospital has medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, state-of-the-art radiology, and pathology and nuclear medicine departments, all under one roof for various genitourinary cancer. There are facilities for brachytherapy, conformal radiotherapy, Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and therapeutic nuclear medicine procedures
- All the advanced treatment options for stones in the kidney and other parts of the urinary tract are available at kiran hospital. The latest "Dornier Compact Delta" ESWL machine is available for the most effective crushing of stones without surgery.
- Diagnosis and management of urological diseases like stone extraction, Laparoscopic and retroperitoneoscopic nephrectomy and radical nephrectomy, laparoscopic nephron sparing surgeries, pyeloplasty and radical prostatectomy
- Laparoscopic and retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy, correction of hydronephrosis due to PUJ obstruction and re-implantation of the ureters
- Ureteroscopy, flexible ureteroscopy and laser lithotripsy
- Transurethral resection of prostate (TURP)
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT)
URO - ONCOLOGY
- The cancers of kidney, bladder, prostate, ureters, adrenals, testis and penis are taken care by this speciality. Being a research institute with state-of-the-art infrastructure, we have a highly focused team of uro oncologist, medical and radiation oncologist for the care of urological cancers.
- Laparoscopic and open radical nephrectomies for renal malignancy.
- Open and laparoscopic partial nephrectomies (nephron sparing surgeries), radiofrequency ablation and immunotherapy for advanced renal cancers.
- Management and staging of prostate cancer by TRUSS
- Laparoscopic prostatectomy, conformal radiotherapy, IMRT (Intensity modulated radiotherapy) and brachytherapy for prostatic malignancy.
- Radical cystectomy with orthotopic neobladder reconstruction for urinary bladder malignancy.
- Inguinal orchiectomy, retroperitoneal lymph node dissection and chemotherapy and radiotherapy for testicular carcinoma
- Open adrenelectomy, Retroperitoneoscopic adrenelectomy for adrenal tumours
- Partial or total penectomy and radical lymph node dissection for carcinoma of penis.
- Surgical reconstruction of congenital defects of the urinary tract either by open surgery or laparoscopy is available. Hypospadias, vesico ureteric reflux, hydronephrosis, stone disease, urethral valves, etc.
FEMALE UROLOGY AND NEURO-UROLOGY
- Treatment of women with incontinence of urine and management of urinary problems in patients with neurological disease or injury.
- Expertise for sling operations, TVT (Tension Free Vaginal Tape), TOT (Trans Obturator Tape), SPARC (SupraPubic Arc sling) and augmentation and continent urinary diversion procedures.
- Renal transplantation with a dedicated transplant ICU.
- Laparoscopic kidney retrieval, vascular access and fistula creation.