Internal medicine or general medicine is the medical speciality dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment diseases in adult .
Internal medicine physicians are skilled in the management of patients who have undifferentiated or multi-system disease processes. Internal medicine physicians care for hospitalized and ambulatory patients and may play a major role in teaching and research.
Because internal medicine patients are often seriously ill or require complex investigations, Internal medicine physicians do much of their work in hospitals. Internal medicine physicians often have subspeciality interests in diseases affecting particular organs or organ systems.
Infectious disease also known as infectious diseases is a subspeciality of Internal Medicine dealing with the diagnosis, control and treatment of infections.
Medicine department is located on 1st floor of the main building well supported with 24*7 availability of all diagnostic services, Radiology Services, Pharmacy and other supportive clinical services.
Round the clock support of Well qualified team of Physician, Resident Doctors, Pathologist and other specialists.
Kiran Hospital has the largest number of critical care beds in Surat, with 113 ICU beds located on 3rd & 4th floor of the main building in the close vicinity of OT Complex, Cath Lab, Transplant OT and Procedure Rooms.
- 113 bed CCU with the latest multipara monitors.
- Invasive and Non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring.
- High End ventilators for adult, pediatric and neonates.
- Defibrillator with central pacing facility.
- Fully motorized electric beds
- High frequency ventilator for neonates
- Drager (Germany ) MGPS system for Central supply of oxygen air and other Medical gases
- Round-the-clock services by qualified Critical Care specialists, Pulmonologists, Anesthetists, Trained Intensive Care Nurses , Dietitians, Physiotherapist and paramedical staff
- Portable equipment to perform bedside Ultrasonography ,X-Rays, and 2D/3D Echocardiography etc… and bedside Bronchoscopy and Endoscopy ,Per-cutaneous Tracheostomy, Hemodialysis support for all kinds of diagnostic and therapeutic purpose in ICU
- ICUs are supported by Cathlab, Pathology Lab and Radiology Facility.
- Management of Critically ill patient in various ICUs.
- Management of tropical infections in adult.
- Management of tuberculosis, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection
- Management of organ transplant related infections, invasive fungal infections and infectious in other immunocompromised patients.
- Management of PUO
- Management of Resistant bacterial infections
- Management of Diabetes, Hypertension, Pneumonia, COPD,
- Management of metabolic syndrome, lipid disorders Obesity etc...
- Preventive health checkup services
- Geriatric patient Management
- Immunization in adult & Children.
- Travel medicine
- Management of chronic multisystem diseases.
- Management of very common disease like sore throat, cold and flu, headaches, ear infections, urinary tract infections, allergies and hepatitis
- Pre & Post-Operative assessment & management of patients.
- Management of Hospital acquired infections.
- Infectious Control in Hospital and Antibiotic Policy