Dr Anuj Khandelwal is a consultant neuropsychiatrist & psychotherapist with an experience of more than six years in the field of psychiatry.
- MBBS from Grant Medical College & Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- MD Psychiatry from B.J. Government Medical College & Sassoon Hospital, Pune
- Speciality Medical Officer in Psychiatry at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College & Hospital, Mumbai
- Consultant Psychiatrist at Suasth One Step Clinic, Mumbai
- Consultant Psychiatrist at Doctors For You (DFY), Mumbai
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) training & certification among child & adolescents from Albert Ellis Institute, New York, USA
He has special interest in locating & relating the changes in brain with symptoms of behavioral changes in a person.
He deals with.
- Anxiety & Depression
- Mood Disorders (Bipolar Illness, Dysthymia etc)
- Schizophrenia & other Psychotic illnesses like Delusional Disorder
- Alcohol, other substance & behavioral de-addiction
- Sexual problems in both males & females (Arousal Problems, Erectile Dysfunction, PME etc)
- Geriatric problems (Somatisation Disorder)
- Headache (Migraine, Tension type headache, Cluster Headache)
- Child & Adolescent problems (Scholastic Backwardness, Learning Disability, ADHD, ASD, ODD, CD etc)
- Parenting problems
- Sleep Disorders
- Dementia & Amnesia
- Functional Neurological Symptom Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Marital & Relationship Counseling
Research conducted by Dr Anuj Khandelwal cover various different aspects in the field of Mental Health. He has many publications both in National & International Journals. Among interesting case reports he has covered topics such as Genital Self Mutilation in Psychosis, Sapiosexuality, rare presentation in Tuberous Sclerosis, Sudden onset cough like spasms. He has original research paper in his name in Addiction Psychiatry which is based on the problem of Alcohol Use in society. His research paper having case series of patients with Functional Neurological Symptom Disorder (FNSD) highlights his work in Neuropsychiatry. His research study in Child Psychiatry was approved by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) in which he screened all children attending the busy psychiatry out patient department of tertiary care hospital in Pune for psychiatry related illnesses. He further studied various aspects of ADHD & other comorbid disorders in those children.
Dr Anuj Khandelwal has presented research papers in various national conferences including one at 66th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatry Society (ANCIPS) held at Pune & another at 41st Annual Conference of Research Society of B.J. Medical College & Sassoon Hospital, Pune. He has presented prize winning posters at Annual National Conference of Military Psychiatry (ANCEMP 2014) held at Pune & 16th Annual Conference of Association of Induatrial Psychiatry of India (ancaipi 2015) held at Mumbai.