Dr. Chirag Unagar is consultant, Kiran Hospital Blood Bank.
He has 1 years of experience in the field Blood Banking (Transfusion Medicine) after completion of MD IHBT.
Prior to this, He was senior resident at Department of IHBT, Government Medical College, Surat for 1 year. He has taking training in the Blood Bank of GCRI, Ahmedabad for the peripheral blood stem cell collection and quality control during his residency.
He has played a vital role in continuation of NABH Blood Bank accreditation of Blood bank, New Civil Hospital, Surat while pursuing his MD.
He taken Training on Implementation of NABH standards for Blood Bank in at Jaipur.
He has presented 2 posters in various national conferences and organized training program for blood bank staffs. He has published 1 paper in index journal.
He is a life member of Indian Society of Transfusion Medicine.
- Medical screening of blood donors, pre-donation counseling
- Collection of whole blood and apheresis derived products(SDP)
- Peripheral blood stem cell harvests
- Resolving complex advanced Immunohaematology problems
- Notification of Transfusion Transmitted Infections(TTI) reactive donors
- Performance of Therapeutic Apheresis procedures ( Therapeutic Plasma Exchange, Therapeutic Red cell exchange)
- Irradiation and leukodepletion of cellular blood products
- Quality management in blood banking
- Internal Audit & Accreditation and licensing Procedure