Welcome to Kiran Hospital
Urology Department, at kiran hospital provide comprehensive services for management
of various genitourinary problems in adults and children by highly qualified and
experienced team of dedicated urologists are available 24 hours a day.
The latest state-of-the-art technology and equipment are available. The faculty
subspecialises in the fields of oncourology, Pediatric Urology, Laparoscopic Urology,
Andrology, Female Urology, and Reconstructive Urology.
- All patients undergo comprehensive evaluation and every effort is made to complete
the evaluation process to have a diagnosis and to plan the treatment at kiran hospital.
- The outpatient department has facilities to take care of urology procedures. It
is supported by trained staff , full-fledged procedure rooms, dedicated X-ray machines,
ultrasound equipment, CT scan ( 256 slice), MRI machine, image guided radiofrequency
ablation equipment and double headed gamma camera etc
- Uroflow meters and urodynamic machines are used for assessing the urine flow and
evaluating neurogenic bladder.
- Modern uroradiology department with mobile x ray machine, USG machine.
- Karl Storz flexible cystoscopes.
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy unit.
- Kiran hospital has medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, state-of-the-art
radiology, and pathology and nuclear medicine departments, all under one roof for
various genitourinary cancer. There are facilities for brachytherapy, conformal
radiotherapy, Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and therapeutic nuclear
- All the advanced treatment options for stones in the kidney and other parts of the
urinary tract are available at kiran hospital. The latest "Dornier Compact Delta"
ESWL machine is available for the most effective crushing of stones without surgery.
- Diagnosis and management of urological diseases like stone extraction, Laparoscopic
and retroperitoneoscopic nephrectomy and radical nephrectomy, laparoscopic nephron
sparing surgeries, pyeloplasty and radical prostatectomy
- Laparoscopic and retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy, correction of hydronephrosis
due to PUJ obstruction and re-implantation of the ureters
- Ureteroscopy, flexible ureteroscopy and laser lithotripsy
- Transurethral resection of prostate (TURP)
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT)
The cancers of kidney, bladder, prostate, ureters, adrenals, testis and penis are
taken care by this speciality. Being a research institute with state-of-the-art
infrastructure, we have a highly focused team of uro oncologist, medical and radiation
oncologist for the care of urological cancers.
- Laparoscopic and open radical nephrectomies for renal malignancy.
- Open and laparoscopic partial nephrectomies (nephron sparing surgeries), radiofrequency
ablation and immunotherapy for advanced renal cancers.
- Management and staging of prostate cancer by TRUSS
- Laparoscopic prostatectomy, conformal radiotherapy, IMRT (Intensity modulated radiotherapy)
and brachytherapy for prostatic malignancy.
- Radical cystectomy with orthotopic neobladder reconstruction for urinary bladder
- Inguinal orchiectomy, retroperitoneal lymph node dissection and chemotherapy and
radiotherapy for testicular carcinoma
- Open adrenelectomy, Retroperitoneoscopic adrenelectomy for adrenal tumours
- Partial or total penectomy and radical lymph node dissection for carcinoma of penis.
- Surgical reconstruction of congenital defects of the urinary tract either by open
surgery or laparoscopy is available. Hypospadias, vesico ureteric reflux, hydronephrosis,
stone disease, urethral valves, etc.
Female Urology and Neuro-urology
Treatment of women with incontinence of urine and management of urinary problems
in patients with neurological disease or injury.
- Expertise for sling operations, TVT (Tension Free Vaginal Tape), TOT (Trans Obturator
Tape), SPARC (SupraPubic Arc sling) and augmentation and continent urinary diversion
- Renal transplantation with a dedicated transplant ICU.
- Laparoscopic kidney retrieval, vascular access and fistula creation.